The sad part is that I came across it in the girls section of JC Penney's... little girls. Not teens, not adults but little girls.
I just came home from teaching women that they are God's princesses! He loves us to much and wants to show us his love. We are all his princesses full of his love!
There were women there in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond who still have a hard time believing that they are his princess. That his love for us is immeasurable!
Well I wonder why women don't feel loved?!? These ladies didn't have these types of shirts when they were kids... but OUR girls do! Why in the world would you want your little girl to wear something like this?!? I understand that the movie was popular and is supposed to be good. But not for a SEVEN year old or even a TEN year old!!
If these are the messages our girls are receiving now... I can not fathom the wounds they will be dealing with when they are in their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc...
Lord I pray that you help me show my daughter that she is YOUR PRINCESS! I pray that she never ever ever wants to be a vampire rather than a princess!!!
yes - something I am continuing to learn... my new bracelet has been a wonderful reminder - I tear up every time I really think how much God loves me. But it has been a WONDERFUL tool to teach my kids too.
ReplyDelete