Friday, April 2, 2010

Darkness

As I sit here and wait for the "storm of the century" I am contemplating what today is.

Good Friday

I always thought that was an interesting name for what it means. Today our Lord and Savior was put to death on the cross me us, for me. I am that worth it that he died a painful and humiliating death for me.

The earth became dark and the curtain tore in two.

I can't imagine what the people felt when that happened. I can't not fathom what God felt... he must have felt his heart ripping in two! But he did this for us so that we could have a relationship with him!

How fitting that it's dark and dreary today. We're expecting a windstorm that is unusual for this time of year. It could cause us to lose power.... just like those many years ago....

Sunday can't come quick enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment