Friday, August 21, 2009

Waiting on the Lord

The other day I went down to the lake for some quiet time with the Lord. I spent the past weekend getting to know him more and wanted to continue that. So what better place than to enjoy the peace and beauty than Black Lake.

This is what I arrived to see...




Talk about beautiful! It was amazing!

So I sat on the dock for some quiet time with him. As I sat there, he performed a show just for me! The birds were singing and flying about. A beaver swam right in front of me! A duck came up to the edge of the dock to check me out too! It was absolutely amazing what was going on around me.

As I sat there waiting for the sun to rise God spoke to me. I realized that the sun seems to set very quickly. So quickly that if you are at the beach and happen to look away you could miss it. Yet the sun seems to take it's time rising. As I sat there in anticipation of it's rise, God spoke to me. He told me that waiting for the sun to rise is the same thing as waiting for him. I too must wait for him to show me his full glory. I got a glimpse of it this past weekend but it was only just the beginning!

I am on a new journey with him. It's a path that I have never been down before. There is excitement and fear around the corner but it will be so worth it. It will be worth the wait! There is more, he wants to show me the more!

Because if I thought this was beautiful, I can't even imagine what heaven and seeing God's face will be like!I can only imagine!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Michelle! So much waiting for us, just around the bend....

    ReplyDelete