Hmm that is an interesting concept. Make friends with whatever's next. A few weeks ago I received an email from a Max Lucado weekly update that I subscribe to. This was the title of his email. He talked about accepting and embracing change. Change is necessary, it's part of life. God creates change to help shape and develop us.
Then today I read something else. This one was from a different author. He talked about how God goes before us. He goes before us to prepare things. He also talked about standing at the intersection of two roads. As you look down one of them, the road curves so that you cannot see it. But you see dark clouds and feel anxious. There are notes from previous people to follow them down that road, that it is worth it.
This really struck me since I am about to embark on an adventure that is going to change my life. I am going on a four day adventure with some friends to a place that is going to be a whole lot of fun and a whole lot of work. We have NO idea of what's going to happen... only that it has the potential to be life changing.
But I know two things... God is already there. He is preparing it for me. He is also here with me preparing me now as I pray about this upcoming event. I see him there fluffing the pillows, testing the food, whispering my name into the hearts of the team that is there.
I also know that I need to "make friends with whatever's next". Change is inevitable. Things change. People change. Sometimes change is good, sometimes we feel that it is bad. But in the long run, all change is good. God's promise to us is that he would never leave nor forsake us. So even when he changes things on us that we don't think are good, they usually are. He has a plan for us, for me.
So as I embark on this adventure, my prayer is that I embrace it completely and "make friends with whatever's next".
No comments:
Post a Comment