What is it that God wants from us? Does He want to use us as Him puppets in some weird play? Does He want our money? Does He just want us to do the rituals? No to all! He wants us. He wants a relationship with us. He wants to talk to us everyday. He wants to be with us. He loves us.
So why is this so hard for me? I try to be a good wife, a good mom, a caring friend, a helper when there is a need. Yet why do I not always put God first? Why do I sometimes give Him whatever is left at the end of the day? Argh! I know this isn't right. I know that isn't what He wants, nor is it what I want. I know that when I am intentional about giving Him me first, then I am so blessed by that. Yet I continue to forget and sometimes I give Him the leftovers.
And what amazes me above all of this... He NEVER gives up on me. He still loves me. He is still the same. He still wants me. Who else does this.... no one like Him.
Thank you Lord for never giving up on me even though I seem to forgot the obvious. You are so amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment