Do we believe that God is going to act? Do we believe that He can actually do the things He says and promises?
This week I had this lesson in a situation with a child. I prayed for this child but I don't think that I really believed that there was anything that God could do. I may have even said this to a friend when I was talking to her about it. I should know better... yet we seem to forget.
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:22-24
Have faith in God... why is this so hard for us? Why can't we just believe him? Because people let us down so we learn to not trust.
This week our church is doing a VBS. We're learning that God is always there and He does what He says He's going to do. He will never leave nor forsake us. The bible is full of His promises yet we forget and tend to not believe Him. The kids seem to believe and get these lessons better than us adults at times! This is why Jesus said to "have faith like a child". He knew that as we became adults, we would forget and not believe!
So it took the lesson for a child for me to believe Him. I am SO thankful that He forgives us for not believing Him! I am even more thankful that I am His child and that He is always there for me... He promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment