When someone gives you a gift what do you think? I know that obviously my first reaction is "Thank You". But then sometimes I think that I need to give them something or do something for them to "pay" them back. I will feel guilty that they gave it to me because I don't always feel like I deserve it. Or I wonder if they can afford it or should have paid for it.
Isn't this what God did for us? Didn't He give us a free gift with no strings attached?
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
He gave us a free gift with no strings attached! So what does that mean? That means we should be jumping up and down praising Him. Thank You Jesus!
Now this brings up something else for me. I've heard this phrase a lot "Thank You Jesus!" But are we really thanking Him? Or is it just another "catch phrase"? Are we really thankful? I know that there have been times that I have said it but did I really mean it.
Wouldn't this be the same as if someone gave us a present and we said "Thank You Mary!" just to say it? Shouldn't we really mean it?
And when I mean there are no strings attached, there really are. He loves me so much that He sent His one and only son to die for me. Who else would give you a gift like that? NO ONE! He did it because He loves me, period.
And because of this, I need to show others of this great gift. How do I do this? Acts of service. No you don't have to do this. We don't owe Him because of our free gift. But if you got a really, really great gift, wouldn't you want to show it off to others so that they could get one too?
How many times have you gotten a really great gift that others ask you where you got it? Especially if it was FREE? Think of all of the retailers that give you a "free" gift (with purchase). How can it be free if you have buy something then how can if be free? You don't even have to buy anything for this free gift because it really is free!
It's not even a one time use gift! It's an eternity gift that can never get taken away! How cool is that? How can we not be shouting from the rooftops?!? Thank You Jesus!
So are you thankful for your free gift that really is free?
I am so thankful that God gave us this gift so that I can share in it with you! I love you, sis!
ReplyDelete