Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Be Still...

We've all heard the scripture that reads "Be still and know that I am God" from Psalm 41:10. There are many different ways to look at that scripture. But last night I had a lesson in how to study it in a different way.

Take this scripture from Ephesians 6:13 "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." It goes on to say to put the belt of truth around your waist. Put the breastplate of righteousness on. Pick up your shield of faith so that you can extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one. Put on your helmet of salvation. Pick up your sword - the sword of truth, God's word.

OK so you read that. And maybe you've heard of it before. But now I challenge you to something. Read it again, but this time close your eyes. Then mediate on this for 3 minutes. Visualize what this looks like for you. Is your belt red? Is your shield shiny? What does your sword look like? Where is God standing?

Now remember that visual when you leave your house. Remember putting all these things on to go out into this world where evil exists. I bet that this will help you go about your day in a different way. Also don't forget who gave you all the armor... the one and only Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now try this with one of your favorite scriptures...

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I'm gonna have to try it cuz I've never thought about it that way. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete