I desire yada...
I desire yada in my relationships...
I desire yada with my husband...
I know that I am yada by God...
What in the word is yada?? We've all heard this phrase... "yada, yada, yada". People use this phrase as in "blah, blah, blah". But the real meaning of yada is so much more...
Yada is actually a Hebrew verb. It means to know, to be known, to be deeply respected...
"Be still, and yada that I am God." Psalm 46:10
"O Lord, you have searched me and you yada me." Psalm 139:1
To be known truly, deeply, intimately.
Yada also can be used in this way...
"Adam yada with his wife Eve.." Genesis 4:1
Yes it means he had sex with her... but it was so much more. It was an act of intimacy that transcends the physical. It was a deep connection, a deep knowing of each other. It was what God intended sex to be. Not just shakab. (Another interesting word for another post.)
I recently read a quote from John Eldredge that struck my heart... "We weren't made to be ignored."
That is right because we were made for yada, yada, yada!
So Lord help me yada you, help me be yada by others, help me do yada with my husband and help me show yada to others! Give me more yada!
I bet you'll never see yada in the same way again! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment