Today as I was raking the moss from our lawn a little girl rode by on a bike. She rode by a few more times during the afternoon. I continued to rake when I had one of those memories... you know the ones where it's like you were back in time?
The memory was me on my bike... riding back and forth, all around the neighborhood I grew up in. But I wasn't just randomly riding around... at least not every ride. On these rides I would ride back and forth in front of a couple of boys' homes who lived in my neighborhood. I would ride in the hopes that they would notice me. I wanted to be seen... I wanted to be noticed... I wanted to know that I was delighted in.
Unfortunately those bike rides and those boys never answered those questions for me. Those questions were also not answered for me at home.
They just continued to linger and intensify...
I made poor choices throughout my teen and early adult years trying to have my questions answered.
But the questions still lingered...
It wasn't until I was into my 30s when I finally got my question answered... but it wasn't while I rode my bike, drove my car. Nor were they answered by a boy or a man... (though he did bring me a great man who does notice me!)
Jesus is the one who answered my questions...
HE sees me.
HE knows me.
HE feels all that I feel.
I am enough in him.
Thank you Jesus that you see me, know me and love me.
Thank you for answering my questions...
No comments:
Post a Comment