Monday, January 31, 2011

Desires

As I look out the window of my living room, I feel a sense of gloom. My rhododendron bush is starting to bud. The tulips are starting to push through the surface too. Spring is just around the corner yet it makes me sad. Some may think that is crazy. Don't get me wrong, I will welcome the sun after a wet and gloomy winter. But I wanted more...

I wanted snow.

"They" said there would be snow, more than normal. We hardly got any! All we got is rain and more rain. We didn't even have any cool windstorms either!

I wanted snow... it is my heart's desire... It's what I long for and miss. I grew up with snow, lots of it. I miss the freshness of it, the brilliance of it, the quietness of it.

Here all we have is green. Some people like green but I like white. Pure white snow. It's like a blanket that covers all the ick and dead of winter. Just like Jesus covers us in pure white.

So this weekend we're headed up to the mountains. Hopefully we'll find some there but it isn't looking too great.

But I'm praying for it... praying that God fills my heart's desires...

1 comment:

  1. Yes - I hear your sadness. I do enjoy the snow - I really thought we were in for it this year and so I was all prepared...

    I will pray for some serious snow for you guys this weekend - but mostly I will pray for a relaxing time for your family.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete