Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pressing on Toward the Goal

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12 & 13-14

God revealed this to me yesterday morning. It is a good verse but I really didn't get it until the day progressed and spilled into today. I love when he does this!

I have been wrestling with what path I am supposed to be on. Sometimes I feel pulled in different directions. Sometimes I feel like I "should" be on another path. Sometimes I feel like there are expectations that I should be on a different path.

But God reminded me that I am on HIS path. He has me on my own personal journey. Which means at times it isn't going to "match" or look like what others think it's suppose to look like. It may also mean that I may feel "ousted" for not following the "correct" path. But that is ok because God has also reminded me of this...

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

The only thing I need to do is keep my eyes focused on him. Not on other people's plans, whiteboards or whispers... just Him and Him alone... Because he also promised me that it is going to be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment