For awhile now I have felt like God has had me on some sort of "fast track" plan. It's not that I was expecting to learn everything then arrive at some special point. Nor was I thinking that I was going to gain some special knowledge that other people don't have. Because one of the things I have learned is that we don't arrive or graduate until the moment we're face to face with him. Living the Christian life is a continuing education program. Nor are we any higher or lower than anyone else. We are all equal in Jesus' eyes regardless of what we know.
I had a vision recently that I was on a train. While on this train I have been learning and experiencing things that have grown me, challenged me and prepared me. I have thought all along that the challenges and preparation was for a certain area in my life. But recent events have made me realize that God doesn't prepare us for just one thing, event or circumstance. He is a God of infinate wisdom and vision. His "classes" cover so much more than we can see. When you think he is preparing you for one thing, he is actually preparing you for so much more.
In my recent vision, the train has come to a stop. I saw myself stepping out to look around but not completely exiting the train. I have a fear that if I exit, it will leave without me and I will miss so much. The tide has been exciting and I don't want to leave it.
But I realized that this train cannot leave without me. Because this "train" isn't really a train that has a destination. This train is a personal train designed only for me and the engineer is God. The route he has me on is a personal route not designed for anyone else. He has also promised to never leave nor forsake me. Deuteronomy 31:6
I can sense that he is encouraging me to step off the train and have a look around. It's like when you arrive at your vacation destination, you want to go and see all that there is to see and do. There is an excitement and a hesitation... which way do I go first? Thankfully God isn't only the engineer, he is also the most experienced tour guide.
So I am choosing to step off the train to have a look around. Only the Lord knows what I'm going to find. I just need to be willing to be open for him to show me and to follow him. John 10:27 But I know from my own journey that no matter if I am on or off the train, it's going to be exciting, amazing and joyful. Because I have a God that knows the plans he has for me and can't wait to show me... Jeremiah 29:11
No comments:
Post a Comment