This year I decided I wasn't going to let this happen. This time of year is really busy for us with church, the fire department and all the other fun stuff. However I've decided that I'm going to let Jesus lead me in what to do. This may mean that I won't do the stuff that I want to do but I know it'll be worth it in the long run.
One example was yesterday. We had our annual Ladies Christmas Dinner at our church. This year we had the largest turnout ever... over 200 ladies! It was amazingly beautiful. However I almost didn't make it.
Robert had a shift at the fire department which left me with the dilemma of what to do with Emma. I found someone to take her for the evening. Ok that was done. Now what was I going to wear. I've lost enough weight that I have given away all of my old clothes which leaves me with almost nothing left. Clothes are expensive and a luxury for me right now.
Which means I didn't have anything to wear to the dinner. Yeah a lot of women say "I have nothing to wear" with a closet full of clothes. So as I prayed yesterday morning, I talked to God about it. I said if he really thought that I needed to be there, he was going to have to help me find something to wear. I had spent several hours on Sunday in Seattle trying to find something to wear and came up empty handed. I also had a busy day on Monday with starting the week and Emma had 2 classes at ORLA. So I figured I would stop by Macy's on the way home. If I found something, I found something. I had a 25% off coupon too so I hoped that would help. I didn't want to spend a lot of money.
So I walked in and right off the bat I found a couple of things. Unfortunately nothing really for a nice dinner. Then I stumbled upon a really pretty purple blouse. It was on sale plus I had an additional 25% off! Score! So I left with a shirt to wear plus two additional shirts for $4.72 each! Well I guess God answered my question and prayer!
So off to the dinner I went...
and had a great time! Here I am with my friend Rachael. :-) She was the hostess of our table and did a FABULOUS job! It was beautiful!
So the reason for this post is to not only tell my story about how God does care about the little things. But also a reminder not to get caught up in the busyness of the season.
My goal is to enjoy and remember the special and wonderful times of the season. I don't want to get to December 31 and wonder what I did all month!
So here are a few....
1- Emma's first piano recital....
2. Shopping for a Christmas tree...
3. The Christmas Dinner - Spending time with friends just laughing! (See pic above)
More to come....
A beautiful story to go behind the beautiful shirt you wore - and of course he added on the royal color fitting for a daughter of the King!
ReplyDelete