Thursday, September 10, 2009

There is more...

So I haven't been at this Christian life for very long, maybe a few years. But since I've been in it, the ongoing theme has been "Salvation". It's been about how once you are a believer, Jesus gives you an eternal life. He also comes to take our sins and to forgive us. Yes all of this is true but there is so much more.

He has come to give us abundant life. He has come to restore our hearts. He has come to romance us. He has come to adore us. Why isn't this being taught too? How can we be missing all of this?

John 10:10 states "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy but I have come to give you an abundant life." He came to give us more. Not just to give us an eternal life. He came to gives us LOTS.

Isaiah 61 says that he has come to bind up the brokenhearted, to set the captives free. He has come to bestow us with a crown of beauty. He wants to heal us, to restore our hearts.

Hosea 2:14 says that he wants to allure us so that he can speak tenderly to us. He wants to romance us. To show us that he loves us enough to stumble upon 15 Elk in an area where no one else has seen elk before. Or to hear just the right song on the radio the moment we need to hear it.

We are so missing all of this! It is more than about just forgiving us and letting us live in heaven with him forever! He wants us to have a full and abundant life. He wants us to know how much he loves us! We are loved by the king!

I get this! This makes my heart beat! I am free! I am loved by the king! I am all of the things that we sing about at church but now I truly believe it!

Ok so now I just need to figure out how to make everyone else believe this too....

No comments:

Post a Comment