“Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them” Hebrews 7:25
Jesus “lives” to pray for me. He is the designated High Priest. He prays for us with the knowledge of what we’re asking. But more important he has the complete knowledge and understanding of God’s perfect will, His ultimate plan, our deepest desires and our greatest needs. He knows it all.
He also has the power to interrupt us. He can interrupt us when he needs to because he knows what I need and what God has intended for me at the same time. But he cannot interrupt me if I am not praying. You can’t interrupt someone who isn’t talking. I never thought about this before. He knows what I want and need. He also knows the difference between these. He knows what God has intended for me too. But he can’t interrupt me and help me if I am not asking.
This is an interesting thing that I never thought of before. Usually when someone interrupts you, it’s rude. I get annoyed, we all do. We’re taught that it’s rude and you don’t do it. Yet Jesus is doing it because he loves us. It’s almost like he is saying to God, she doesn’t really mean that, this is what she really means. Give her some grace, she is just mad. Like when Emma is saying something mean about someone I know that she doesn’t mean it and try to explain that. Just like Jesus.
This is a great reminder to me to keep asking, to keep praying. I know that Jesus wants to interrupt me because he loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment